Introduction to SCRIP Letter
Parental Commitments to Acacia
MP3 Files from ACCS Conference
By enrolling their students at Acacia, parents commit to support the school and its mission. In order to do this, parents must:
1. Support the school in its purposes and principles of Classical Education and in its Statement of Faith.
2. Pray for Godís wisdom for the leaders of Acacia and His blessings on the school.
3. Build alliances with the teachers and staff including effective communication, cooperation, and constructive conflict resolution methods. Be quick to listen and slow to anger. Regard the perspective of your student as valuable but limited. Pursue comprehensive understanding in cooperation with the teacher. Build community and not stir up dissention verbally nor with social media.
4. Accept biblical responsibility for the education of their children by:
a. Ensuring that their children have the time, place, priority, and parental support needed to complete their homework and studies;
b. Providing heart shaping discipline and appropriate consequences for behaviors reported by the schoolís staff.
c. Ensuring that their children arrive and are picked up on time;
d. Ensuring that their children are properly prepared for the day with meals, proper attire, and necessary supplies.
5. Encourage their children to comply with the spirit and the letter of all Acacia rules, habits, and policies with appropriately respectful attitudes.
6. Set an appropriate example to all students when on campus or at Acacia related events by observing all school rules and policies with an appropriately respectful attitude.
7. Demonstrate a love of learning and a desire to apply biblical principles to all areas of life.
8. Read what you sign and be accountable.
We joyfully embrace
our responsibility for our child's education and
eagerly partner with Acacia Academy to
further our child's development in character,
faith, and knowledge.
We understand and
support Acacia Academy's mission for classical
and Christian education and commit our family to
the disciplined pursuit of truth, beauty, and
goodness in every area of life.
and uphold Acacia Academy's desire to glorify
God--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-- and to
lead our child in the Way of Jesus
Chuck Colson: The Imperative
Douglas Wilson: The Value of a Classical Education
George Grant: The begats of Classical Christian Education
Matt Whitling: Covenant Discipline
Matt Whitling: Sins of the Classroom
Matt Whitling: In the Light of the Scriptures
Ralph Janikowsky: Christian Leadership
Garfield: Seven Laws of Teaching
for Classical Education
Discover Classical Christian Education: The Essential Guide for Parents
An Introduction to
Wisdom and Eloquence
Robert Littlejohn and Charles
Jessie Wise and Susan Wise
The Lost Tools of
Recovering the Lost Tools
Gene Edward Veith & Andrew
For The Children?s
The Seven Laws of
The Educated Child
For the Love of
When Children Love to
For the avid
The Closing of the
Norms and Nobility: A
Treatise on Education
The Abolition of Man
The Association of
Classical and Christian
The Society for Classical
Simply Charlotte Mason: